Motor Vehicle Services

As a service to our customers, you can download PDF Bill Of Sale forms here.

PLATES would like to remind you that, under Alberta law, all vehicles being operated or parked on public roads or public property must be registered and insured. This includes off-highway vehicles such as dirt bikes, snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles. With very few exceptions, persons applying for registration, transfer or renewal must provide proof of insurance and ownership before license plates or a renewal decal can be issued.

NOTE: Policies for registration of vehicles from outside of Alberta, are detailed under Out-of-Province.

Please note: If you have sold your vehicle and do NOT intend to replace it, you can apply for a refund (pro-rated) of the time left until the license plate expiry date. The bottom line is, for passenger plates, you need four or more months left before expiry to make it worth your while -- due to processing and cancellation fees -- and the refund is mailed out from Edmonton.

For more information, please contact us at 403.567.9301 or send us an e-mail here.