Vehicle Service in person and online:

PLATES would like to remind you that, under Alberta law, all vehicles being operated or parked on public roads or public property must be registered and insured. This includes off-highway vehicles such as dirt bikes, snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles. With very few exceptions, persons applying for registration, transfer or renewal must provide proof of insurance and ownership before license plates or a renewal decal can be issued.

person driving Volkswagen vehicle

Registration in Calgary

Welcome to Country Hills Plates Registry, where we congratulate you on the purchase of your new vehicle in Alberta. Whether your vehicle is brand new or from another province, we've got you covered for the registration process.

Read More

running black Porsche sedan

Alberta Plate Renewals

To renew your Alberta licence plate, you have two options: visit our office or renew online. Our office is open 6 days a week.

Read More

white porsche 911 on road during daytime

In-transit Permits in Alberta

With In-Transit Permits, you can transport an unregistered vehicle or trailer within Canada. Exciting news! We now offer In-Transit Permits both in our office and online, making the process easier for you. For specific details related to your situation and location, contact us today!

Read More

white car travelling near mountains with rainbow

Out of Province & Salvage

When it comes to bringing a vehicle from another province into Alberta or dealing with a salvage status, Country Hills Plates Registry has got you covered. Here's what you need to know to get your vehicle registered hassle-free.

Read More

man driving car during golden hour

Other Vehicle Services

We now offer the convenience of ordering your Alberta Driver Abstract online through a verified MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) account. Create a MADI account for free, and once verified, you can easily access your abstract online.

Read More